From:
Specialz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 19:53:07 +0000
Hello FML

I just spoke with Jean and I have good and bad news, first the bad, Jean
received a call today From the vet at WSU and it looks like we may have the
loss of one more little fuzzball do to the needless slaughter it seems that
either Freeway or Mighty Mouse can't be sure for certain because they are
the same size and the vet does not know them by name is bleeding internally
but if I had to guess it would be Mighty Mouse since I witnessed the
bleeding hemorrhage when I went to Jeans place the day we got that little
sweetheart to the vet, she is need of blood transfusions and jean is taking
two of her stronger un-inflicted boys to WSU to help save her, the vet also
said if she does live she may have to with the loss of one of her legs.  I
am sincerely sorry to have to bring all of you this news.

I would also like to take the opportunity to once again give you all the
numbers of ferrets that were involved: Jean had 139 ferrets give or take a
few that she gave on loan to the elderly and under privileged.  82 ferrets
died on the day of the tragedy 11 died in the following week and a half or
so.  8 of the 82 were brought to WSU for testing.

The good news ! ! !

Supplies are arriving and the mail man found the mail box <-- I understand
thats what they do.

Jean has received baby food, sleeping sacks and some meds, I wish you all
could have heard her voice it was wonderful.

BIG NEWS or at least I think so, I received some information from Jackie
(Thanks Jackie) thats very exciting and it is confirmed by the prosecutors
office that the warrant for Lance has been released to the Detective in
charge and he is a wanted man for 8 counts of animal cruelty I have also
recently confirmed that they came up with 8 because that is how many bodys
that were delivered to WSU the first day, I am sure when this comes to court
and if Jean can afford a attorney as she has told me she would like to file
civil charges and that the charges will be increased.

Now my request for your assistance, as I am sure is mentioned in other
post's today it seems we have a reporter that finds a human interest story
worth reporting and to be honest who can blame her I mean how often does
what seem like the word get behind ferrets and besides as I tried to explain
to the reporter ferrets are simply the best, most intelligent, loving
wonderful animal on the planet but as I have learned since I have been owed
my my little guys you simply can't understand that until you live with them.

Miss Robin Rivers the Reporter for the Spokane News paper has asked to be
flooded yes she used the term flooded with email voicing concern and opinion
for the ferrets so if I may be so bold to ask a little favor, GIVE MISS.
RIVERS WHAT SHE WANTS and when your done pass it on to others who can help
us out.  <[log in to unmask]> And to be on the safe side (and thats new
for me) I just called her again and confirmed she wants it all.

Thanks to all of you again.