From:
"Ron B. Cheroske" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 10:40:23 -0600
First, Kara (aka Supergirl) and I want to thank everyone for the tips on
camping and boating.  All of the responses have been positive and say
basically that camping w/ferrets is a lot of work but fun!  I thought I
might post the tips I received from everybody.

1. Ferrets should be caged or on the leash at all times since they can
either run off or down a squirrel hole.  Even in a camper or a tent, they
can find escape holes.  One person suggested a 15' cat leash.

2. Watch for overheating.  Nearly everbody mentioned this.  So it looks
like I'm gonna be making a whole bunch of soda pop coolers.  If I made a
wading pool, would Kara use it to cool herself off?  And watch for sunburn
expecially on her cute little nose.  Question: Can I/should I use sunblock
on her?

3. Boating seems to be an as per ferret thing and as you would do for a
car, put her in a travel cage on the boat.  I have gotten a couple of
suggestions for a life preserver for her in case she jumps out of the boat.
Water wings?

4. Other tips I received had to do with drinking water, watching for fleas
and ticks and other animals in general.

---Ron C. (Kara)