From:
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 21:12:43 -0800
>From:    Glenn Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: New moderator?
>And this is where it gets unpleasant.  As far as I know, Bill Gruber is
>still the moderator of the FML and I think he would have a tough time
>calling this ferret survey business anything other than a ferret related
>issue.

Why unpleasant?  You stated your view.  We stated ours.  We didn't say yours
was wrong or anything.

>[Moderator's note: To be fair though, the Killian's did say THEY saw it
>as an animal rights post -- we don't have to agree.  I'm reserving
>judgement now -- certainly ferret-related thus far, but let's see where
>it ends up.  BIG]

Thank you.  We did not intend to squelch ferret discussion.  We just think
we would rather not devote limitted FML space to discussing whether or not
animals even specifically ferrets should be studied.  That is an animals
rights issue in our opinion.  We did try to silence you.  We just said that
we considered it an animal rights issue.  Even if about ferrets.  We do not
discuss animal rights nor religion.  They are both topics where folks have
fervant viewpoints and that sort of discussion can get ugly fast.  Feel free
to state your piece as long as Mr. Gruber allows it.  We just don't want to
be involved.  We'll just remain calmly in our place in the bottom half of
the FML.

>From:    FunFerrets <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: FML 10th tape vrs. mental pictures
>Bill and Diane Killian..... In their 40's, nice people, the neighborhood
>kids want to spent their afternoons at their house, a very close family
>not afraid to get their hands dirty.

Well thats interesting.  Aged me a bit.  We are 3/4s of a mile from a paved
road and the neighborhood is 10 families stretched along that almost a mile
so the neighborhood kids takes on a "different" meaning way out here on the
edgs of a mountain.

But all the kids do like hanging out here.  Playing with ferrets, cats,
dogs, turtles, goats and the llama.  They drive here from all over the
Northern part of Virginia.  They often stay for more than an afternoon.
Glad we have a lot of room.

We are turning this spread into a farmette.  Dirty hands come with all the
work.  All "pet" type animals though we might get a llama cart.

But you pretty much got it right.  At least how we see it...

Come on by and visit if you are in the area.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]