From:
Chris Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 11:22:51 -0500
Hello all,

I was sitting in my Shakespeare class last night at 8:30 lazily thumbing
through the index of my book, thinking that I should have taken Fidget with
me, when "polecat" jumped out at me (it did, I wasn't looking for
it...really).  well anyway, apparently somewhere in Shakespeare...would have
been nice to have a page notation...polecat is used to mean prostitute.  I
was a bit shocked and wondered if anyone out there might know how they heck
that came about...Most of the ferret references I've encountered in the
Renaissance are your standard sneaky or theif ones.

cheers
chris
Fidget (what is that noisy cat trying to say?)