From:
Out of the Blue Clear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 23:26:38 EST
Hi Everybody!!
Just thought I'd share a cute story with you.  My little fuzzball, Starbuck,
is a junkfood junkie.  She won't touch any fruit or other healthy food; she
likes chocolate, potato chips, and cheetos.  I have offered her every ferret
treat known to ferret kind and she just looks at me like "You don't expect
me to EAT that, do you?" She wouldn't even eat that vitamin stuff they're
supposed to love (I forget the name) when my vet tried to give it to her.

Anyway, tonight I was eating Raisin Bran and as usual she came over to
investigate.  I realized that I had never given her a raisin so I gave it a
whirl.  To my astonishment, she took it and ran away to eat it!!  I was
overjoyed because after all, that other stuff is bad for her (did you know
ferrets can get cavities?  I didn't).  Well, I was overjoyed until I gave
her another one and watched her-she very carefully licked all the sugar off
and left the raisin on the couch.  *sigh*

-Kate & Starbuck, the Energizer Ferret (maybe that's because she eats so
much SUGAR!!)

-"Hey Mom, let's go get some peanut butter cups!!"