Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 19:49:23 -0500
I am a long time member of the FML. and I want everyone to know that this
is not a flame against Sheba Williamson at OutlawDook <[log in to unmask]>.
she writes yesterday
>I received a call from Pat Wright of Ferrets Anonymous, saying word came
>down from Sacramento to KILL Rocky after animal control said they would
>allow 14 day quarantine,then send Rocky out of state.  This is blatant
>disregard of the '98 Rabies Compendium.  After the newscast, where Rocky
>mistook finger for rubber in his face on camera, the Gov.  Pete Wilson said
>all ferrets were dangerous and should be killed and that he would never
>legalize ferrets in California.

I need to clear some things up..

First: Rocky was killed after the local animal control was being pressured
by Pat Wright to allow hin to send Rocky out of state early...before the 14
day quarantine.  that is why Sacramento was ever called at all to verify if
it could be done - and they said no test it...

Second: I admire Pat Wright and all he has done for our cause here in Ca.
but there comes a point of fool heartedness.As in this walk of freedom -
with all the negative press received over the last month it should have been
postponed.  Next, to be blunt, the absolute insanity to have a known biter
anywhere near a person that is not used to ferrets is beyond comment.  We
will someday win this battle here in Cal but we need to use our heads a
little more.

Next Wilson(you notice I don't call the jerk by a title)never made any such
comment at all concerning this incident.  Believe me I am NOT defending him
in any way, but we MUST be accurate in what we report.Again this is no flame
in any way aganst Pat.  but please send all responses( I am sure I will get
yelled at) to [log in to unmask]

thankyou
mountain and the 9 hole in the wall gang