From:
"K. Crassi" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 17:59:13 -0500
>"Weasel" absolutely loves these things, he's a real fruit-eater anyhow, so
>he makes about 50 trips into the birdcage every day to 'cruise the buffet'.
>The ferret has gaily colored red-yellow-green or orange colored poops when
>My concern: How on earth will I ever recognize ECE with this sort of thing
>going on?  Are there ANY other symptoms besides "green poop" to go by??
>Kim Latas

Kim, I'm no expert, but I can definitely identify with you!  My caique
tosses pellets overboard all the time.  My ferrets can't reach the cage
apron because it's too far off the ground, but the pellets that go past it
hit the floor and are fair game, and they do like them!

As I said, I'm no expert, but I think ECE poops are rather slimy, as well as
green, and don't smell very good either.  And there are other symptoms of
ECE which others may be able to tell you more about.  I think you'd
definitely be able to tell the difference between an ECE (or other digestive
tract upset) poop and a fruit pellet-colored one.

Karen
"...and over our heads will fly the Blue Bird,
singing of beautiful and impossible things.
Of things that are lovely and that never happen.
Of things that are not, and that should be."
                                  -- Oscar Wilde
If you love ferrets, check out:
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/index.html