From:
Alicia K Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 21:58:23 -0400
Hi all,
It is still a crazy period here at Ferret Wise-- though we are not currently
taking more kids in with the new arrangements with local humane shelter --
we are still very busy.

The weekend started with the loss of senior rescue Cloud who after 18 days
of round the clock support - left us for rainbow bridge.  Thos who knew
Cloud know he was a wise and wonderful ferret man.  He actually took a
trophy in siamese class shortlky after he came to live here-- after survivng
an exteneded time housed illegally (not leag in the state) in a u-haul
stoarge unit -- yes, no fresh air, no heat in winter, and hot in the summer.
Feces were chipped from the crates of the 14 ferrets retrived in the spring
of 1995!  Cloud is happily dancing at Rainbow Bridge, but is sadly miossed
here.

Frank Jr., 4.5 yrs.  the senior (formerly) v-hob went in for splenectomy and
neuter-- Monday unfortunately we found he is also victim of a liver disorder
and is a bleeder-- we almost lost this kid, but I report 2 nights later-
though very weak he is walking and eating kibbles on his own.

Missy & Lulu (recovering adrenalectomy) are doing WONDERFULLY-- they are on
the senior Totally Ferret and never looked lovlier or livelier at their 4.5
yrs of age.

June & Storm (Monica) are doing well.  June is having another bout of
enlarged spleen, but is responding well to antibiotics -- her companion
Storm carefully tends her day and night.  They remain comfortable and happy.

Ewok, shelter mascot looks superb in his new colors since his neuter... he
gleefully now plays and resides in a cage of 8 senior kids!  Something he
could only do before a few months out of each year!  He sure loves his
friends.

Fee has found a loving home with four ferrets within a short drive of the
shelter.

Li'l Caesar and Whitey have found a WONDERFUL family to reside with and
spend weekends nearby in Dublin, NH!!!

Skittles has gone to live with shelter volunteer Cheryl-- she has her own
cage and plenty of time out-- great for a senior gal and two time shelter
ferret!

Loki-- is still having some behavior modification training, but we have a
list waiting for this kid -- so we know he will find a loving home.  We are
busy referring potential adopters to the other surrounding shelters-- our
goal is to see no ferrets in any shelters!

Things are certainly bustling here as the education programs start up this
Fall.  Oh yes, and the shelter newsletter is coming up to deadline!  So as
you can see-- the number of ferrets entering the shelter being lower has
nothing to do with inactivity -- perhaps we will rest in 1999!

Cheers form the kids and their Mom at-
Ferret Wise Shelter

visit the homepage at
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/index.html