Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 02:22:41 EST
From:
SMELTZERS <[log in to unmask]>
Hi- Boy was I glad to find this list on the net.  I just became a ferret
owner- An acquaintance of a friend had this poor little girl and sold her to
me for a measley $20.- cage and all.  This poor little creatures cage WAS a
FILTHY mess, but what bothers me the most is her loss of hair, and
scratches/raw areas that I believe are a direct result of her scratching and
biting herself.  I bought some ferret food, but she doesn't seem to like it,
I offered her the brand of cheap catfood that she had been being fed, and
she ate.  I thought I'd try to mix them for awhile and see if she can get
used to her kind of food.  My main concern is her scratching and hairloss.
I stayed up half the night surfing for info last night, and read about
adrenal disease.  Although the hairloss is on her "lower" half, I'm still
thinking the problem may be something else- resulting from the scratching
and biting.  Sometimes she also "shivers", I mean shakes reakky fast, and I
couldn't find any information about that on the net.  I spent my true last
$$ on rescuing her from that hell of a home and getting the ferret food, and
can't take her to the vet before the first part of February, so ANY hints or
help from you ferret owners will be GREATLY appreciated.  She loves to run
and play, and is very afectionate.  I've tried to offer her all kinds of
"treats", but she doesn't seem to want anything but Alpo cat food and she is
drinking water.  She's curled up in her spotless cage in a bunch of my old
shirts!  Oh, and I don't think it could be fleas because I heard our
Colorado altitude is too high and we don't get them.  Should I mix her up
some of the stuff called "Woozle Goo" listed on a website.  Don't know if
you guys have heard of it, if not I can post the recipe.  I'd have to wait
till next month , but since I am a vitamin junkie I actually have a lot of
the ingredients!  Thanks in advance for your help :)

Suzanne