From:
Alicia K Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 1998 08:48:39 -0500
I am posting this with several questions on the London ferret rescue--
perhaps someone can clear these up.  While initially I was applauding the
efforts -- and basically I still do-- I have begun to question several
facets of this operation.

IF the SPCA was involved -- then why on earth can anyone justify paying for
the ferrets from this breeder-- who had them all in severe conditions of
compromised health???  If the SPCA was interested and did acknowledge a
neglectful keeping-- especially when teeth have been broken off and
infections setting in-- then WHY-- would any monetary exchange be required.
This breeder should go straight to jail-- that's the way I FEEL!

Another question I have to ask is WHY are these ferrets crossing the border
for US homes / shelters?  The US has enough in shelters-- in some places
some waiting to get into shelters-- yet I understand Canadian folks have
been denied trying to adopt etc.  and are waiting because these ferrets will
find homes in the US??..  Excuse me, something seems a bit amiss.

Can someone tell me why if US shelters need assistance and US shelter
ferrets need homes-- WHY a US resident would prefer to help a ferret in
Canada??-- when Canadians are being told they have to wait until the US
folks get theirs??  I am sure the Randy is doing what she can and what she
feels is right here-- but I still have questions on this whole affair.

Perhaps I am missing a point or two and someone can enlighten me?

Thanks ,
alicia
another shelter MOM