From:
petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 20:26:33 -0600
Edward Lipinski wrote
>And, you know, I never really thought about it before, but that commercial
>ferret food that has the name, "Totally Ferret." My, God!  How utterly
>bizarre that name is in its full reality.

We have a small shelter here in St.  Louis.  We feed all of our ferrets
Totally Ferret.  They are all happy and healthy, and have gained weight on
this stuff.  Our experience has been nothing but positive.

The ingredient list starts with chicken by-product meal, rice flour, egg
product, chicken fat (stabilized with natural mixed tocopherols), poultry
fat (stabilized with natural mixed tocopherols) and goes on from there.
After careful study, I see NO ferrets in the ingredient list.  I'm not sure
if Mr. Lipinski is suggesting that Performance Foods is lying or just being
misled.  In any case, the chicken by-products are from "human consumption"
chicken, ie no heads or feet.

I do not want to see the space on this list used for this kind of innuendo.
It seems like a waste to me.

Sara Petersen
Ferrets Underfoot Running Round You