From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 1997 21:41:21 -0400
>We do not have the right to judge anyone who has to give up their pets and
>I hope that anyone of us on the FML won't feel like they can't post for new
>homes because of the way some people feel.

Just a reminder....

Anyone can e-mail me at any time and I will send the listing for their state
of vets, shelters, clubs, and other resources... by e-mail or snail mail.

I often send the listing to people who post "in search of" requests anyway,
but feel free to ask me for info if you want to place a ferret, find a
ferret, or just want to talk to someone close to home about ferrets.

To receive a listing of ferret shelters, contacts, vets, suppliers, breeders,
clubs, etc., in your state by mail, send a LONG self addressed stamped
envelope to:

STAR* Ferrets
PO Box 1714
Springfield, VA 22151-0714

To review the ENTIRE listing, Ask [log in to unmask] for FERRET
DATABASE or visit Ferret Central at
http://www.optics.rochester.edu:8080/users/pgreene/central.html

Check out STAR*'s Web page through http://ferretworld.com
E-mail questions, corrections, or additions to: [log in to unmask]

Pamela Troutman Grant, Director

ATTENTION FERRET LOVERS:

If every ferret owner contributed just a dollar for each of their ferrets
for the rabies shed study, we would be able to establish scientifically a
quarantine for our ferrets.  Since I can not reach all ferret owners, please
help by sending what you can and asking your vet, friends and local pet shops
for donations and send them to:
Morris Animal Foundation, Ferret Shed Study, 45 Inverness Drive East,
Englewood, CO 80112-5480.  800-243-2345.  This is tax deductible.