Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 20:45:30 -0500
I answered an add in today's (Wed) local paper that went like this...
Free, 2 ferrets, 1 and 1/2 years old ea.  1 male, 1 female.

I called at 9:00 am (earliest reasonable time that I dare) and spoke to the
owner.  I said I would like to have the ferrets and would be happy to pick
them up shortly after getting off of work.  They said come and get them
because they were no longer wanted since the family got a new puppy.  I said
I would be there between 6 and 6:30 PM.  (An hours drive to get to them).
In the few minutes I stopped home at 4:00 pm to change clothes, I got a
phone call saying don't bother because they were already taken by someone
else.  Talk about bursting my bubble.  To you two sweet babies, wherever you
are-- I hope your new mommy takes as good of care as you and loves you like
I would have.  :..-(

Suzanne and would've been brothers and sisters, Cocoa, Fuzzy, Peanut, Cookie
and Elmo