From:
Rachel&Jason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 12:57:54 +0000
This is to respond to Debbie and others who have the same concern about
small breeders vs. non-MF large scale breeders.

The idea behind my idea was to have the ability to inspect the breeder
prior to accepting kits for sale.  There are small breeders who are
horrible.  I really wanted it to lean more toward refering interested
parties than accepting kits, prior conditions unknown.  With the other
large breeders, it is impossible to see how the ferrets are cared for
before shipping.  I do believe that all large breeders are money hungry
profiteers.

The real evil in this whole process are the brokers who supply kits to small
pet stores.  The store says they want X number of ferrets, the broker finds
a deal and supplies them.  This has led to very scared, stressed kits ending
up in stores occasionally with origins unknown.  I have seen kits that were
not MF accompanied with MF paperwork.

Thank you all for listening!

Rachel and the six entropy accelerators
In order of aquisition: Barnaby, Bixby, Amanda, Roo, Martok and Spooky