From:
Kimberly Graber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 14:43:39 -0500
OK!  Now this might just be me 'assuming' something, but it really seems
like our ferrets are...well...bored!  We have 4 ferts that are the center of
our attention!  They are spoiled rotten and loved beyond measure.  They all
stay together in a HUGE cage that has tubes and hammocks and ladders and
seperate floors.  They get out when ever we are home and awake.  So, they
are out most evenings from 5pm to 11pm.

But lately, they just seem to get out, play a little with each other, and
then (literally) just stand around and stare at us.  We try to play with
them as much as possible, but you can only crawl around on the floor for so
long before 'you' get tired!  They have a few toys but don't like to 'play'
with them.  They just hide them and thats where they stay until WE move
them.  We use to have PVC pipe (about 30ft) twisting around our livingroom
furniture.  But we had to get rid of it since there is no room in our
current apartment.

So here is my question.  Are they bored?  How many toys do most people have?
If there something we aren't doing?  I'm mean, gee wiz, they are like little
kids who stand and say "we're boooooored!" They have started to scratch at
the rug around closed doors I think because they are bored!  Help!  Anny
suggestions would be really appreciated!

Thanks!
Kimberly, Darin, Gizmo, Bentley, Abu, & April