Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 08:49:56 -0400
Good morning everyone,

Hope all is going well with everyone and thier respective fuzzies, cats,
dogs, fish, birds, snakes (did I leave anything out?)

I have a major dilemma on my hands with Thelma and Louise.  (No, I am not
looking for a home - they have one ...)

As most of you know Louise went in for surgery on October 16 to have her
scent glands removed.  I kept her separated from Thelma for a day or two and
then when she showed signs of wanting major play time, I let the two of them
out together to play.  (Quick bit of history: they used to play together
constantly and really play: chase, hide and seek, all kinds of games - I
could literally take them out of their cage at night when I came home from
work and just sit there for about an hour and watch them play together.
When they were done playing with each other, then it was my play time with
them.) DILEMMA: Thelma will NOT leave Louise alone.  She is extremely rough
and harsh with Louise.  I cannot let them play together because Thelma pins
Louise down and just bites and bites until Louise is literally screaming.  I
have tried using bitter apple on Louise's scruff - it didn't work (Thelma
can be very obstinate when she wants to be).  As well, I lathered them in
Ferretone - once the ferretone was gone - she went right back to biting
Louise.  If anyone has any other ideas I would be extremely grateful.  As it
is, I have to separate play time between the ferrets and my two cats.  I
don't really think I will be able to have three sets of play time (I would
love to but the evenings are just not long enough!) Also, I would really
like it if they could be "friends" again!

Thanks for listening, and I hope everyone's fuzzies are doing well

Marion (lost and confused) Thelma (I'm not going to tell her why I'm doing
this - I'll make her figure it out) Louise (I'm doing much better from my
surgery but my friend doesn't like me anymore and she hurts me).  And of
course my two cats JD and Oscar, who will never get used to these overgrown
"mice" their mother has let into the house!