From:
"Ferret Aid Society..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 1997 22:56:49 -0400
Harley and I sat down last night for a good cry.  You have all been so
supportive in his time of need.  I am relatively new at being a shelter mom,
and we are experiencing all sorts of new hurdles to overcome.  Oso was our
first.  He was 5 and came in with adrenal gland disease.  I posted the other
day about adrenals turning cancerous as we now think he has lymphoma.  He
overcame the worst of odds, dying during the surgery and having it look real
bad when the doctor revived him.  Then, not more than a month later, Harley
came to us.  Loving and sweet, but very poorly taken care of.  I still don't
understand why he can't open his mouth.  Maybe someone broke his jaw?

Being a shelter mom is hard, but when you meet people like the ones I have
met here, you get the strength you need to go on. I still can't believe how
compassionate you have all been and it fills me with a new found hope that
there are people who care.

Harley really needed your support, and he was flooded with well wishers this
week end.  I guess I needed your support too, I am not a rock and I break
down easily when I see an animal in pain.  You have all helped me through a
difficult time, and I wish I had the words to properly thank all of you.

You can't imagine the feeling I have in my heart.  Almost like I've taken in
too much air that won't go away.  I love you all and I will never forget how
you have helped us.  I just don't know what to say....

Harley's danger is not over yet, and any prayers you can say for him would
be helpful.

Love, Ms. Randy Belair & Harley with the 25 the ferrets in the shelter