From:
Sheri Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 09:06:50 -0500
Hi FML-ers,

If you're interested in the JAMA journal article Bob mentioned about the 3
cases of ferret bites in infants, I've got a copy.  Send mailing address and
I'll mail it to you, absolutely free, if you promise to read carefully and
pay attention to a) where the person in charge was at the time of the
attack, and b) where the ferrets came from (I think "the street" in two
cases).

Also, if anyone might have a chance to follow up the sources of the JAMA
article, I'd like to see what can be found.  I couldn't find the sources
here.  (Tho' I might try seeing if my local public library can find
something through Inter-library loan).

And think about this: In all three cases, humans neglected to restrict the
ferrets access to the infant or the infants' cribs.  Not too bright.  I cage
my fuzzies at night because *I* don't like waking up to toe nibbles.
Imaging what happens to these helpless babies.

Bob--if you catch this--could you send me the references to the two deaths
you referred to?  I'd like to examing the circumstances, also, and add them
to my file of ferret articles, which so far is pretty lean.

--Sheri