From:
Vesna Kovach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 22:05:00 +0000
The show: "Veronica's Closet"

The slot: Thursday night on NBC, in the golden milk-and-honey spot right
after "Seinfeld".

The star (and producer): Kirstie Allie

The scenario: New York City.  The glamorous world of fashion, wealth and
fame.  Veronica (Kirstie Allie), is famous for her hugely popular lingerie
catalogs (a la Victoria's Secret).  Most of the show's action takes place in
Veronica's posh office at the Veronica's Closet headquarters, surrounded by
the wacky, nutty, ever-lovin', heartwarming sitcom-style gang at the
workplace.

The sighting: On the wall across from Veronica's desk hangs a large poster.
On the poster, in capital letters perhaps eighteen inches high, is the word
"FURET"!  "Furet", as loyal FML readers will know, is French for "ferret".
Along the bottom quarter portion of the poster are several little furry
animals standing on their hind legs!

Or so I think.

As soon as the word "furet" registered on my consciousness, I leaped towards
the TV to scrutinize the poster.  But after just a second or two, the shot
changed.  Wouldn't you know, the rest of the show took place outside the
office.  No more zany co-workers.  No more Furet poster.  Darn.

I think I saw little animals standing up, but maybe it was really a picture
of something else.  Remember, the poster was not the main event in the
scene.  It was in the background, behind the characters, and possibly not in
very sharp focus.  I am sure, though, that I saw the word "FURET" very
distinctly.  Just a portion of the poster was visible, so it's possible that
there is another word or words on it.

Could be there's a ferret lover on the production crew.  Or maybe somebody
just thought it was a cool poster.  At any rate, ferret watchers should be
on the alert next Thursday night at 8:30 CST (9:30 Eastern), after Seinfeld,
to solve the riddle of the poster in Kirstie Allie's office!  What is it
really about???

Vesna Kovach

Ferris: "Zzzzzz"
Beulah: "Zzzzzz"