Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 1998 05:27:29 -0500
From:
PETLOVES <[log in to unmask]>
Thank you Christine for your well thought out response to Clark's editor.
You logically stated everything I've have been thinking and feeling since
reading that insensitive article.

The only thing this writer, and others like him (e.g., Kevin Cowerd, "Pet
peeves about ferrets and other so-called pets" Baltimore Sun article back in
May) seem to care about is the shock value of what they write.  This is
particularly evident from the fact that he printed that article the day Jean
was to appear in court.  We must, as they say, "consider the source."

Cowerd later wrote "If there is one bit of advice I can give to young
writers starting out in the newspaper business, something that will prove
immensely valuable now and for many years to come, it is this: don't write
about ferrets." He was being sarcastic I'm sure, but the fact that he
printed a follow up on his story at all shows just how popular our little
fuzzies have become and the impact ferret owners have when united in their
quest to educate others.

Bonnie Burwell
PETLOVES
Artistic Products for Pet Lovers