Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 17:45:46 -0500
From:
"Dona M. Reid" <[log in to unmask]>
My poor little Mickey has lympo and the tumor is pressing up against her
lungs.  She has been having very labored breathing.  I have been giving her
1.5cc pediapred and 1/4 dropper of lasix and .2 cc amoxi-drops.  I have also
been giving her Duck Soup 3x a day which she eagerly lapps up.  On Sunday,
she started bleeding from the mouth and has black tarry stools.  I called
the vet immediately , he said stop the pred and the other herbs I was giving
her and gave me a prescription of 2.5 ml of sucralfate (liver) twice a day
before eating and also 1ml of ranitidine twice a day.  I just don't know
what vet to trust, because I am sure that her bleeding gastric ulcers were
caused by the high doses of pred that the vet prescribed!  In spite of the
bleeding, she has improved in the sense that her breathing is more normal,
her gait when she walks is straight and she even likes to get up and play
with her toys in the morning and at night!  The mouth bleeding seems to be
worse at night and when I wake up she has blood crusted around her mouth.
Her gums and tongue are still pink and I am giving her extra pedialyte to
help with the electrolytes.  I will do anything to help my furkid... money
will never be an issue when it comes to saving her life.,..after all money
all gets recycled anyhow.  I can eat top Raman for a few weeks.

I am going back to the vet on Thursday....I have been to 3 vets so far.  And
this one seems more knowledgable about ferrets than the rest.  If anyone out
there has had experience with this happening with their fuzzies..please,
please e-mail me...

Thanks & Dooks to All,
Dona Reid
Mickey