Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 1997 13:26:14 -0500
From:
Andrea King <[log in to unmask]>
I have recently gotten a new baby- 6-7 month-old boy.  He is a real love.
He and my other ferret are finally getting along.  For the first week, I was
afraid Gabby was going to eat him alive while he was asleep.  They are now
sleeping in the same hammock, and I caught her grooming him while he was
asleep this morning.  I have only one problem with him.  He is not seriously
committed to the litter box, even when he is in his cage.  He uses it about
half the time, so he obviously understands what it is for, but the rest of
the time, he goes--wherever.  My other ferret is fastious about using the
litter box, so it is a real switch having him in the cage now.  It's a
virtual mine field of poop, and boy does he have some BIG poop!  I just
found out this morning that this is very likely his 4th home.  I wonder if
that has anything to do with his casual use of the litter box and if it will
improve once he reaches long-term status in this (and his final) home.
There are now THREE litter boxes in the cage, and he still goes elsewhere.
When I catch him going somewhere besides the litter box, I quickly pick him
up and place him in the litter box.  I would reward him after he goes in the
litter box, but when I move him, he suddenly loses the urge to go.  HELP!
Any suggestions?

Thanks, Ande King