From:
dayna frazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 12:00:50 -0500
Hi Everybody..

I was recently asked how I manage 9 ferrets when the person asking said she
has trouble handleing just two....?

I'd like to share my reply with you...

Hi..

it's really very easy when your used to 20 or 40 or ????.  and think of the
benefits..  balance training from navigating the hallway with clear dryer
hose, hackey sack frogs, plastic eggs with rice insde, and 9 wildly
wrestling fuzzbutts..  not to mention having several omnidirectional ankle
weights with independent motion, and the obstacle course [normally called
the hallway in most homes].

then there is agility workouts..  called 'let's get Mommie', dexterity
training with counting and yogurt covered raisins.  [bet I can get two all
for me!'].

and cross training for the intellect.. such as 'now where did they stash
the remote?  or the keys?, or my grocery list?', or 'where has she gone to
sleep this time?' among others..

add mechanical skill workshops such as: 'he's in the WHAT?' and 'there's
three stuck in the tubing together, and I gotta get them out without
wrecking the clear dryer hose...Again!?'

and then there's the travel opportunities..  'vetday kids..' [instant
vanishing ferrets], and 'What do you mean I amreading the map upside down?
OK, so what's a couple hundred miles in thewrong direction, it's a fuzzy
were going to pick up, right?..  and stop shivering, I said I'd get the
heater fixed one of these days!' and as for all that heart related treadmill
stuff..  Why just be unable to find one for or an hour or so, I guarantee
your heart will either prove sound as a dollar or fail entirely!

It might seem like a huge job every day..  but it's a selfish job I assure
you..  I get far more from the fuzzys then I could ever give in return..
And the fuzzy people... they are special beyond words!

happy ferreting

dayna and the woozles of the MMOMM rescue/shelter