From:
Misty Newkirk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 12:42:46 -0500
Well, I am just venting my anger today.  I thought all ferret owners and
activists were nice people, I was WRONG!!!!  I heard of a Ca man that was
taking his ferret in public at an official building.  I believe his name was
Joe.  I am so upset right now I cannot remember the details, it was in the
last issue of the FML.

Anyway, I wrote a Ca activist and stated .. My exact Words..
"Isn't this a bit silly? I mean, you're risking a poor ferrets life??"

To me, this is a bit extreme.  I care about animals, and what if Ca officials
had taken this ferret and destroyed it?  Aren't the ferrets safety and
well-being THE major issue here?  I think what the man did was commendable,
but I would never sacrifice my baby to prove a point.  I was then answered
by a rude message..  something to the effect of, Well, you dont live in Ca,
who are you to judge?  I am not passing judgement here folks, I just hate to
see any animal needlessly destroyed.  Thats my opinion, I am not saying it
is right..  But I do not feel that I should have been flamed for it.  Her
attitude towards me was rude and unneccessary, and she even volunteered to
remove me from her mailing list.  If she wishes to remove me, she knows my
address.  I am deeply offended that my opinion was met so sorely.  I care
about ferrets and their wellbeing,.And no, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE FROM CA TO
CARE.  We all care, why else would we be here?  How many of us, (including
myself) pulled together for the sake of Kodo??

All I am saying is..  we dont need to sacrifice our babies to get things
done, there are other ways, I am not saying I know those ways, but they are
there.

I am sorry if I have offended anyone by telling my story, but please, if you
have any comments, send them to me ... ,[log in to unmask]

I think you all are great wonderful people..

I will still continue to help any way I can, just maybe not thru a few
ungracious activists..

Thanks for listening, please dont be offended, I am just truly offended and
hurt..

Misty.. and Skittles, my furbaby that will not be sacrificed tp prove a
point..

Ferret HugsTo all.. Misty.