From:
Jeannette Public Library <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Oct 1997 15:20:23 -0500
This is my first message so please bear with me.  I am in need of a reliable
vet to treat my one year old ferret named Sugar.  The reason I am writing is
because my husband and I recently attended our first ferret fair in
September.  We adopted a cinnamon ferret and we named her Spice.  All was
well until we took her to our local vet to have her spayed and descented.
She didn't seem right after the operation and we returned to the vet's the
next day.  He told us that she was just being tempremental and that she
wanted attention.  She was worse the next day so once again we returned to
the vet where he admitted her into ICU.  She passed away 2 days later.  An
autopsy was performed and we were to receive the results that evening.  The
vet didn't return any of our calls and we didn't recieve the results until 5
days later.  He said that the autopsy was inconclusive and that he was not
to blame because he had performed thousands of these operations and he
wouldn't have made a mistake.  He also implied that since he didn't do
anything wrong, that I must have done something to her that caused her
death.  He swore at me over the phone ( because he couldn't meet with us in
person ) and said that if he wanted to, he could have lied and told us that
she had a bad heart.

We contacted the adoption agency where we adopted Spice and they were very
upset.  They couldn't have been any nicer to us.  They understood what is
was like to lose a beloved pet.  They offered to give us another ferret to
replace the one we lost.  I can't accept another bundle of fur until I find
a vet who I feel that I can trust.  Please, if anybody knows of a reliable
vet in the Greensburg, Pennsylvania area please let me know.  I can be
reached at [log in to unmask]

Amy Steele