From:
Lorraine Tremblay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Oct 1997 19:14:16 -0400
Trus my foster old-timers to find the best snoozing spots!

I brought from Quebec lots of washed uncombed and combed sheep fleece.  Our
foster ferret with lymphoma, Qannik, chose a paper bag full of plain fleece
while his cage mate, Piccolo, emptied a bag of fluffy combed wool and buried
herself in it.  I was planning to weave ferret sleping bags with the wool and
shrink it to turn it into fleece but I decided to tightly weave combed wool
and wash it in cold water to keep it as fluffy as possible!

Now that the weather is colder, it is time to get the warm ferret bags out.
It is time to clean your closet: do you own badly out of fashion, full of
holes or stained wool sweaters that you cannot give to a thrift store?  They
make good ferret bedding, providing your ferret has not decide he likes to
eat wool of course.

I turned three old wool sweaters into ferret sleeping bags fro one or two
small ferrets.  I washed the sweaters in hot water and dried them in the
dryer.  They shrank and make good small sleeping bags.  If you are a 6 feet
tall American instead of a 5 feet tall French Canadian, you might obtain
medium or big sized sleeping bags 8-).  I left the sleeves on but they are
often in the way: I suggest to cut them and sew the hole before washing=
them.

Lorraine Tremblay & Pepee La Pew, Sanka, Mukluk, Presto, Snoreau & Boum Boum
Foster ferrets: Piccolo & Qannik (snow in inuktitut)
Owner of the Ferret Curiosity Shop
Webmistress of Mustela Canada & Mustela Francia
http://www.ferretcuriosity.on.ca