From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 1997 10:48:31 -0500
Randy asked how other do it.  This is easy to answer for me.  I just do it.
I don't think about it.  If there is something that needs to be done,
thinking about the work involved or the work that isn't getting done is a
waste of time and energy.  So when my days are full from 5:30 a.m.  till
midnight I do what I can when I can and don't sweat the small stuff.  So
maybe I don't have time to vacuum tonight because I'm playing with or
hugging or taking care of ferrets.  That's o.k.  There is always tomorrow
and if not well it won't make any different then will it.

For example: Yesterday was a very long day.  It started at 4:45 when I got
up to feed the ferrets and decided to start the laundry too because I would
be gone from the house till mid-afternoon.  Well it didn't turn out that
way.  I was gone till 1:00 a.m.  because of an unexpected ferret situation.
It was a long stressful day and when I got home I still had to do evening
chores (Tina did come in earlier and feed, water, and check on everyone).  I
didn't bother thinking about emptying litter pans, cleaning bowls, sweeping
the floor, or changing potty papers.  When I walked in the door I just did
it.  The next thing I new it was 2:00 am.  Well as we all know, 5:30 am
comes very early.  But I didn't think about that either.  I played with the
few ferrets that were up and cuddled those that wanted it.  Then I went to
bed.  At 5:30 I wanted to hit the snooze and I did think about it, but I
still had to do morning chores and make recipe before getting ready for work
so I sort of hopped out of bed and just did it.  I didn't think about it or
how tired I was, I just got up and got started.  This works well for me.  I
don't clutter my thoughts with negative tired thoughts.  I think good
thoughts, how clean the house will be when I'm finished or what funny things
the ferrets do or how they love to chase the vacuum (so is vacuuming
actually a chore or is it a game - same with sweeping and mopping).  The
ferrets I share my home with are free roam.  If they want me, they come to
me (when I'm home of course).  If I'm going to be gone a lot doing ferret
work then I try to have friends over when I am home to play and cuddle
ferrets while I'm busily working away.  Many times I spend very little time
visiting because I'm doing chores and housework when company is over.  But
they play with ferrets and that is needed to.

So Randy, when you feel tired and frustrated, don't think about all that has
to be done or what hasn't been done, just jump right in and get started.
Think about what funny antics your little ones do and the tasks will get
done quickly and before you know it you will done and be ready to move on to
the next task!  Oh, one very important piece of equipment you need is a
cordless phone.  You have no idea how much work I get done (quiet things,
like cleaning litter boxes, sweeping, washing dishes, etc) while I'm talking
on the phone.  :-)

Hugs. tle