From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 20:08:53 -0600
Hi Everyone!

First a question.  I was told today that soon Missouri will recognize Imrab 3
use for ferrets.  Does anyone have any information on this?  I would like to
get details and honestly don't have the time right now to track it down.

Second, I am off to the Chicago ferret show, leaving Friday.  I am really
looking forward to meeting a lot of people from the FML there and plan on
raising at least a little hell in the process.  hehe.

Look for me at the table for the Stationary Ferret and Allie Cats.
Shouldn't be too hard to find.

I have been so quiet lately due to mid-terms.  I have been swamped, I am not
doing so well in the *&^( evolution class.  However, my human sexuality
class is a hoot, you should see the training films!  And I did get to attend
a way cool lecture by Frans de Waal yesterday on the existance of morality
in the great apes.  It was a fascinating lecture and yes, he does believe
that all the great apes have the capacity for compassion and role taking,
the same as we do.  FYI, the great apes include gorillas, chimps and
bonobos, as well as humans.

The ferrets are all doing fine.  Pookie did a hit and run on my chicken last
night and got a huge hunk of it from my plate.  She carried it off behind
the ferret proofing (ok, all but Pookie proof) around the washer/dryer so I
couldn't retrieve it.  And also of course, she now has a more than slight
intestinal problem from overeating.  Not that it has slowed her down at all.

She has actually decided Brock is ok.  All four of the "unique" group were
sleeping in the same hammock last night, by free choice.  This is Ollie,
Nicky, Pookie and Brock.  So I guess Pookie has set up her own androgenous
ferret society.  Maybe I should take lessons.  LOL!!

Warned my vet that I was coming in next week, so have set up 3 appointments.
And she has decided that I am a great referral for troubled ferrets, so I
may have a foster soon.  I guess I should just give in and become an
official ferret contact for the area.  OK, so I like doing it.  Of course,
the vet said 21 was a nice round number.  And after the Petersen's get
through with me next month, who knows how many I may have.  Who me
compulsive?

Mags and the Mad Missouri Mobbet