From:
Nik and Angel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 1997 05:14:17 -0500
Hi all :)
I'm rather rather new to the list, my name is Val and I'm the proud owner of
2 new fuzzies, Daisy and Duke.  Daisy is my little girl, she is a light
silver mitts with a panda face.  I think this is what they are called when
they are totally white from the shoulders and the rest of their face.  Then
Duke is my *big* male, also a very interesting color.  He is light sable
with dark points (siamese?) and he no mask and he has a badger stripe
running down his head (is this called blaze or badger shetland?).  They are
so adoroable!  I owned ferts before, but am just now getting into it again
after moving to Idaho and becoming friends with a local breeder The Ferret
Pad...I helped them take pics of all their kits and put their web page up
for them, thanks for all that I have dropped by as I know a lot have.
Anyone looking for great kits should visit
http://www.webpak.net/~dhieb/FerretPad.htm
these people take really good care of their ferrets and I am really
impressed with their "shop." I had 2 comments about things I recently saw on
the list... first off, I agree with the guy who commented on the Illinois
breeder and how maybe this isn't the best way to shut him down.  I agree
that the short term reward of getting the ferrets to saftey is good, but
then he's just going to do this year after year knowing he'll make a bundle.
how does that saying go...One step forward, Two steps back?  Maybe someone
should just offer him a lump sum for *all* his ferrets, that way he would
have none to breed.  He could go buy more I suppose, but most shops only
sell them fixed and I know noone on the FML would dare sell him any uncut.

Second thing...yes!  There is a cute little sable ferret at the end of Mars
Attacks!  Of course, it's at the part where they make it to the mountain and
all the wildlife come out to sing with Tom Jones (so unusual don't you
think?  hehe) so I was a little offended and the implication that ferrets
were part of this wildlife.  But at least the actress was holding him and
not running away scared I suppose.  Well that's all for now.  Nice to meet
all of you, it's glad to know there are so many people out there that care
so much for ferrets!

Valerie [log in to unmask]