From:
Lee McKee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 1997 11:20:28 +0400
>From:    Regina Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: oh no, my ferret doesn't climb closets...
>... Lee, Amelia may not have met Francine and Errata yet, but boy are they
>on the same wavelengths!

A scabbling, a scraffing, a plop, and murmured chucklings.  Then three taps
from behind the wall.

Cully awoke with a start.  His whiskers quivered and pulled back into a
grin.  He shot out of bed and ran upstairs.  "Amelia!  Amelia!" he chuckled
loudly into her ear.  "Elles sont arrivees!"

"You don't have to shout," she hissed. "I'm not really deaf."

Together they opened the cage door and ran to closet.  Carefully, they pried
back the aluminum tape ("This hurts my fillings!" complained Amelia) and
opened the patch.  Francine and Errata emerged from hole, covered in plaster
dust.  All four ferrets danced and chuckled.

"I did the closet thing you showed me," Amelia told Francine.  "But she
found me."

The ferrets shimmied up the table and turned on the computer.  "Fenetres
95," Cully said proudly.  Francine shrugged.  " A GUI's a GUI," she said.
"Let's just get the command line."

"We can fax," said Amelia.  "We fax the governors all the time.  We tell
them we will poop on their heads."

"Unless what?" Francine asked.

"We just tell them that we will.  It needs to be said," sniffed Amelia.
"Okay, now show me how to do the keyboard thing."

Francine taught Amelia the Seven Arts of Keyboard Sabotage, including the
Sticky Key, while Errata and Cully practiced their Pro Wrestling moves.
Then Amelia taught Francine some SQML coding.  "When you come back, we'll
start on the How to Be a Bad Biter web page," she said.

Cully suddenly sat up, nose quivering.  "Allons-y!" he cried.  "Vite!  Vite!
Vite!" They all could hear the key in the lock.  Francine and Errata
scrambled back to the hole in the closet.  "Now remember", Francine said,
"When they `introduce' us tomorrow, everybody has to scream real loud and
bite hard so they don't suspect anything." Cully rubbed against the tape to
make it smooth again.  He joined Amelia in the cage, curling up with her for
a moment, before going down to his own bed, just as Regina walked in the
door.