From:
Jean Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 1997 21:03:43 -0700
While I was at the pet store this week getting some food for our prairie dog
Digger, I noticed two pails next to the bins.  One was Vanilla carob chips
and the other was Wildberry carob chips.  I decided to get a few to see if
Digger or any of my fuzzies would like them as a treat.  Digger had no
interest, Rufio sniffed but didn't seem to hep on them.  Blaze & Falkor each
took one to eat.  Today, I gave each of the fuzz butts one with their
ferretone.  The ALL decided they were great.  My question though, are carob
chips okay for ferrets?  I know that they would be an occasional treat if
they are ok, but I also know that chocolate is not a very good choice for
several reasons.  Anybody have any idea about carob?

We have added 2 new fuzzies to the bundle.  Blaze, which is a beautifully
marked blaze.  She has a white face (except around her eyes & ears and
extends on down to the back) with a 1/4" wide blazing that reaches all the
way over her head and a bib that covers her whole chest.  She has fully
mitted feet, knee caps, and not only a white tip on her tail, but a stripe
just passed the tip which joins the tip on the bottom but leaves a black
patch between on the top.  Her body color is something between a sable and a
chocolate with a creamy to tea colored undercoating.  Her coloring is very
striking and I have had quite a few comments on her.  Like I have heard
blazes can be, she is very hyper (she just kind of "blazes" her way to
everything, hence the name)and can really get the crew going.

Rufio is my last addition, which I got from a local breeder here.  He is a
mitted sable with white toes, white knee caps, a med.  sized white bib.  He
is also totally intact so far.  So far, he has never "poofed" that I know
of.  I'm trying to decide if I want to have him, partially or completly
neutered and if I need to have him descented.  I want to wait another month
or so before I do anything.  He is the youngest of the bunch (only about 16
weeks) but he is the gutsiest of them all.  He takes them all on with no
fear and is definately working on being top ferret, even being the smallest.
I really get a big kick out of watching him try to get someone riled up
enough to play after they have decided it was nap time.  He goes from ear to
ear trying to get them to wake up and play.  Blaze is usually the one to
take him up on it.  His favorite toy to play with is the cat toy I have
hanging from one of the floors.  It is a knot with a bell on it and is
attached to a phone cord like string.  He will grab on to it and then roll
over again & again (He has gotten it as far as halfway unwound).  Then he
lets it go and chases after it while it bounces around and around as it
rewinds itself.  It is hilarious to watch.

Joy to all!
Jean and the fuzzie bundle Nikki, Jewell, Loki, Falkor, Weezer, Blaze,
and Rufio