From:
April Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 09:29:57 -0500
I have a female sable mitt that is almost a year old.  She is usually very
energetic and rotten.  Her and our male ferret (2 years) usually play for
hours.  Last night we experienced something very different.

Yesterday morning, she started acting strange...strange for Minnie anyway.
She was following me around and pawing at my leg like she was trying to get
my attention.  This is not like Minnie at all.  Usually she could really
care less if you're watching her unless she wants to play.  I checked her
food and replaced it with fresh.  She had plenty of water.  So I went on.
Last night I came downstaris and she was laying on my shirt asleep.  First
of all, she usually doesn't sleep out in the open.  She has a sock drawer
she likes to sleep in.  Then when I went to pet her, she just layed there.
I thought she was just sleepy, so I left her alone.  Just a little while
later, I went back downstairs and Seth (the male ferret) was curled up next
to her on the shirt.  I immediately sensed there was something strange going
on.  I knew Seth was comforting her for some reason.  I went to pick her and
she was just limp.  I actually thought she was dead for a split second.  She
was like a rag doll and she wouldn't wake up.  I sat her in my lap and
rubbed her head, and she still didn't move.  The whole time, Seth is at my
feet watching my every move.  He kept sniffing her and laying at my feet.
It was like he was making sure she was okay.  I immediately thought she was
very ill.  My boyfriend got her some antibotics and she choked on them.
Then we tried to take her temperature.  It was normal.  Just about an hour
later, she was running around like a wild woman again.  I kept checking on
her last night and she was fine.  This morning she was chasing my towel and
jumping at me like normal.  What could have caused her act this way?  I
thought for about an hour there I was going to lose her.  She acted very
sick.  Has anyone had this happen to them?  Does anyone have any suggestions?
Anything would be appreciated.

Thank you.
April, Minnie and Seth