From:
Bill Pelfrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 1997 13:34:33 EST
Well I guess I will have to build that larger cage a little sooner.  I
posted a few weeks ago about getting a kitten and introducing him to the
ferrets well since he was coming to stay last night I figured we needed some
kitten food (also a good reason to go ahead an switch Lex and Gidget to
something better than the Purina their previous owners had them on (with all
the debates we had neer decided what to switch to) so now they are going to
be eating Iams kitten.  well the pet store near here is great, but they do
not carry ferrets they are very knowledgeable about what they carry (and
somewhat about ferrets too) but as we walked back to to food as small cage
caught my eye, with a too familiar balled up t-shirt...Someone had brought
in a beautiful ferret, it is sable in markings with a bib and mits, but the
undercoat is a golden color.  anyone know the color?  but she was great the
pet store had taken her from the owners who no longer wanted her and
although they do not normally carry ferrets were going to try and sell her.
Well after leaving the store we ended up turning around and getting her, the
pet store let us borrow a small cage until she gets to know Lex and Gidget
so she is home now and doing great.

I introduced them last night and things went great, no fighting at all, just
alot of sniffing and then they just went off exploring in differnt
directions (we just moved so Lex and Gidget are still getting used to the
new apartment) so I tried them all in the same cage for a little while, they
all just settled down and went to sleep.  So it looks like things will be
fine.  I did not let them stay all in the same cage last night, but we will
put them back together when I get home for the evening and if things go well
we may try it tonight, is this to soon?

Also Honey (the new girl) seems to be a little nippy, she only nipped me
once (at the pet store I was trying to check out her teeth) but she seems to
think nipping my wife is a way to get put down (that's not going to happen)
so we have a little work to do on that, I see how lucky we were with Lex and
Gidget.  Well this is getting a little long, so I sign off.  Feel free to
write any suggestions.

Thanks,
Bill (with Lex, Gidget, and now Honey + Rocks the kitten)

P.S.  I have always wondered how many ferret-people do we have out there in
Kentucky?