From:
"S. Crummy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 16:30:54 PDT
I am a college student who came home yesterday to find that three of my
ferrets had escaped!  Much to my horror, my neighbor told me she saw them
frolicking about my yard, and in my other neighbor's yard, all afternoon.
But she hadn't seen them for about a half an hour at the time I spoke to
her.  Frantically I searched for my babies, and all three had decided to
explore my garage.  I found them all in a matter of minutes.  (Whew!
LUCKY!!!) Anyway, I often see people talking about losing their pets, often
without the luck I was fortunate enough to have in this case.  Does anyone
know if ferrets are prone to roam?  Or do they stick around when left free?
(I realize there are dangers in letting them roam, but I just wondered what
they are inclined to do if given the opportunity.) I know cats can be let
out and they'll come back... how about ferts?

Shelley