From:
"William A. Killian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 1997 21:27:13 -0400
>From:    Shari Diane <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Fervac-D
>Will someone "in the know" please advise me if Fervac-D is still the
>approved and recommended Distemper vaccine for ferrets?

Well if you trust the USDA and the companies that manufacture distemper
vaccines then yes - Fervac-D is the only tested and approved canine
distemper vaccine for ferrets.

There is still a contingent that believes otherwise.

So pick which group you think is in the know.

>From:    Jennifer Lobdell <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: C.J.'s Allergic Reaction
>Is there such a thing as small animal CPR?  Or anything similar?

Yes.  Its more similar to CPR to an infant than an adult human.  We're not
too up on the exact procedures but it involves massage and blowing air in
through the nose.

>From:    deb&guykelley <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: cod liver oil supplement
>Until now, I have been lurking, this is my first post, so if I am not
>following "protocol", my apologies :(

You seemed to have written an article, sent it in and its been included in
the nightly digest.  Perfectly by protocol from what we can tell.  There is
no limitted set on who can post.  Glad you wrote.

But yes oils do enhance the texture and appearnce of the coat.  It doesn't
sound like you are overdoing the oils.  Using a fish or vegetable oil is
bterr than a non-digestible mineral oil.

Grapes are a fruit and within limits should be fine.  But sometimes
something like this can cause problems Maybe too larege a piece of skin got
swalloed in one piece - I dunno.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
mailto:[log in to unmask]  mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.zenferret.com/