From:
Juliana Quadrozzi - GA Domestic Ferret Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 23:47:29 -0400
What a wonderful surprise I got tonight when I answered the phone, dreading
it because I expected the call to be 1 of 2 ferret surrenders - & it was the
infamous BOB CHURCH!  His busy schedule is finally affording him the time to
come to GA for the photo shoot we won (remember auction 2?).

As an added bonus, Bob will be attending the GDFA Ferret Festival.  This is
your big chance to meet the one, the only, BOB CHURCH!  Am I milking this
for all it's worth...you bet I am.  Our fuzzies are worth everything I can
give.  All the proceeds go back into the foster ferrets in our care, & make
it possible to continue to provide free information to anyone who asks.

In addition to the Albino (11:00), Mitt (12:30), Shetland (3:30), & Sable
(5:00) Specialty judging, we'll have tube races all day.  The fun events
will include:

*Like Man, Like Mustelid* (12:00) - a ferret/human look-alike costume
 contest (Halloween theme)
*Wily Weasel* (1:30) - fuzzies rack up points for smarts on a special course
 (verbal coaching only)
*Trick & Talent Contest* (3:00) - anything goes, prizes for originality &
 ability to perform
*See No Weasel* or *the Nose Knows* (4:30) - blindfolded hoomans sniff out
 their fuzzy
*Cool Cargo* (4:30) - judging of uniquely outfitted/decorated cages/carriers

The GDFA is just going to be too much fun to miss.  To get there, take GA
400 North to Exit 12/McFarland Road.  From the exit, turn left onto
McFarland Rd.  Go 3 miles & turn right onto Hwy 9.  Turn right onto Hwy
361/Post Rd.  Go 3 1/2 miles to Midway Park (on the right), Cumming, GA.
Registration for events & judgings opens at 10:00.  There'll be food &
drinks available on site, as well as lots of unique ferret stuff to buy -
custom leashes & harnesses, bedding, supplies.  We'll also have a Fuzzy Flea
Market of gently used ferret stuff at low, low $$$.  All ferrets must be at
least 4 months of age & provide proof of rabies vaccination w/Imrab 3 &
distemper vaccination w/Galaxy-D or Fervac-D

BOB asked me to let everyone know that he's doing fine, but that his server
isn't...or isn't talking to him ;).  If you haven't heard from him, you will
once he has access - so be patient.  From my little personal experience
w/BOB, I can tell you this guy is as busy as a ferret in a new room.

See you 10/11.

LONG LIVE KODO

Juliana
Frodo, Rocks, Anola Gay, SNAFU, FUBAR, Tabu,
Chaos, Tuxedo, Bijou, Fiasco, & Dazzle