From:
victoria foster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 11:15:42 PDT
Hi,I have six ferrets and my friends (who aren't on the fml)have nine.  When
I saw the thread about the squeeky toys,I had to add my two bits since this
is a topic my friends and I have often discused.  When I first met them they
had to show me how Crystal would attack when he squeeked her hamburger.  She
would bite him, sometimes hard enough to draw blood then take the hamburger
and hide it.  We always figured that it was maternal instincts.  She seems
very protective of her hamburger, maybe the squeeking makes her think it's a
kit being hurt.  They added a new kit to the gang and she did the same
thing.  But one day they told me about a twist she added to it.  Instead of
just bitting Jim, grabbing the hamburger and running off to hide it, she
grabbed the hamburger, ran and hid it <then> she came back and bit Jim.  I
thought it was absolutely adorable when I heard.