Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 03:28:17 -0400
My 2 year old albino ferret has black spots/flecks around her nose and in
her whiskers.  I wondered if it had something to do with fleas but I can't
see any fleas on her and she hasn't been scratching/itching more than usual.
Sometimes she has red patches on her underside between her front legs and
also (but less) between her teats.  About a year ago she had similar red
marks over more of her body and had at least one flea on her.  The vet said
that incidient was flea bite allergies.  However, this time I just don't see
fleas.  My second ferret has neither the red bits or black spots.  Also, I
wondered if her vulva was slightly swollen.  It definetly doesn't look as
swollen as in pictures of females in heat, but I was worried it looked
larger than before (however I am the type that think she looks thinner and
then when I weigh her she's actually heavier - yes a worried mom!).  When
should you really worry about swelling and adrenals?

Hope you all can provide some answers; reply to list or

Thanks.
Cheryl, Sneeuw and Sushi.

P.S. Sushi loves the plastic ball from inside the Nestle Magic chocalate
balls.  For just over a dollar everyone was happy : - )