From:
Kate and Rob Adlers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Sep 1997 08:20:03 -0400
Hi everyone.

Just providing an update.  Thanks again for the encouraging emails we have
received.  They are appreciated, as our hopes rise and fall every day, and
these help make the days less painful.

Well, Molly, the bloodhound, did her best today... and man, what a nose she
has!  This tracking occurred 3 days after the girls disappeared, with a rain
day inbetween.

Molly tracked two trails today (and tugged me and Kate for a couple of hours
pretty good too.).  Unfortunately, that means Lola and Mindy didn't stay
together.

We know that one of the girls has been very efficient in finding
neighbourhood food and poops.  Molly's trips through people's yards led to a
chicken coop (which the owner reported as being disturbed a couple nights
back), bread, fat/grease in a pan, dog pee areas (Mindy loves those to rub
on), etc.  Molly found the first ferret poop out behind the apartment
building lot, and continued a very obvious ferret route through the
neighbourhood.  We went about 1/2 a mile to a mile south.  We got near
Eglinton Rd.  in someone's back yard, however, the tracks went in a big
circle and Molly couldn't find her way past that.  We hit dead ends in both
tracks.  The Allen Rd.  fence clearly was a good path for both girls.  At
least this has given us new areas to put out more posters and flyers in
hopes of finding them.=20

Monday, I'm calling the schools in the area to put out an announcement.  The
food is by the back door tonight, but no sign yet.

Rob and Kate, Gabby, Jill, Buster and Samson
Toronto, Canada