From:
Dulcena McClellan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 1997 12:47:10 -0800
Well first to tell anyone that is interested Merlyn the couch eater will be
on tv 10/29/97 at 1pm and 10/31/97 at 5pm EST on animal planet and the show
is called "petline" if anyone would like to watch him.

Here is why i'm asking for help I don't know if anyone remembers but i'm
pregnant and I asked for advice if I should buy another ferret to keep
Merlyn happy when the baby gets here, a play mate.  I was worried that he
would be hurt if all the attention fell on the baby and not him.  WELL we
took the plunge on sat.  and bought this really cute little cinnamon girl
and named her Lady, shes about 6-7 weeks old.  We got her from marshalls
farms.  By the way Merlyn is 10 months old.  Anyway she hops around the
living room and is very vocal making little "sqeaks" of delight, well
Merlyns nose is bent out of shape at first he just sniffed her out and
TOTALLY ignored her and we thought everything would be ok, they slept in the
same cage that night no problems.  Well on sun.  it all changed we would
hold them up to each other to check each other out and out of the blue
Merlyn reached over and bite her and she screamed.  My husband thumped him
on the nose and put him in the cage for a time out.  After that it got worse
we tryed again to introduce them he grabbed her by the scruff and started
draging her around while she was screaming, shes not afraid of him when he
make him let go she'll attack him and he'll get on top of her and bite her
again til she screams.  What is considered "nice play" for ferrets?  This is
our first time with 2 ferrets and I don't know what to do, I have already
made seperate quarters for them, but I want them to get along and Merlyn
thinks hes being replaced it seems.  If anyone can help PLEASE write, thank
you.

Dulcena
Merlyn (Hey get out of here this is my home)
Lady (Hey I just wanna be friends)