From:
"Samuel H. Abbe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 12:29:23 -0400
Can ferrets get or transmit ringworm?

I've got *something* on my hands.  Originally it was very blistery but 2 1/2
weeks later its mostly red, dry, itchy, expanding sore.  The dermatologist
thought it could be ringworm and did some scrapings which were negative
(only shows 60% of the time anyway), and started a culture but that won't be
ready for two weeks.

On the dermatologist's advice I took my 4 ferrets and kitten to the vet who
did a culture from kitten and after some urging from me took a sample from
one of the ferrets too.  He sounded like it is very improbable that the
ferrets could have it.  Not sure if he did it just to humor me.  I'll find
out the results Saturday.

The sores started on top of some pet scratches (it was pet bath night)
though two weeks after the scratches happened.

Anyone have any experience with ringworm or something that looks like it?

A very itchy Sam
--
Samuel H. Abbe, [log in to unmask]
Software Engineer, Flight Controls Systems