Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 10:06:46 -0400
From:
Heather E Patzer <[log in to unmask]>
Hi All...this is my first post, so please bear with me...

A couple of months ago, my little girl Chloe started losing weight very
rapidly.  She went from 3.5 lbs to about 1.5 lbs in two weeks.  So, of
course I rushed her to the vet as fast as I could.  Upon getting there and
preforming some tests they told me that she has an enlarged heart which in
turn makes it hard for her to breathe.  They said she is no pain right
now...which is obvious because she still loves playing with all the other
babies.  Well, in the last week I noticed that she had lost some additional
weight, so once again I took her in.  The vet weighed her and she is now
only 1 little pound.  She said that Chloe is probably burning about three
times as many calories as the other ferrets because her repiration takes so
much more energy.

Well, my question is that the vet suggested using "ferret" valium in order
to slow her heart down so she doesn't lose so much weight....has anyone
heard of this before?  This is really scary for me because I don't want to
do anything that would hurt my baby, but if it will help her out then I
would like to try it.  Also, does anyone know of any good vets in the East
Lansing area that I might go to for a second opinion?  If you guys have any
suggestions or comments please e-mail me at [log in to unmask]

I would love to hear from you!!

Kisses to all those fuzzy critters-

Heather along w/Chloe, Lambert, Ralph, Thea & Jezebel