Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 09:28:51 -0500
Hello there everyone,

Hope all is going well.  I apologize for not getting back to anyone but my
free time hours are very limited.

The little dilemma with Thelma and Louise has not stopped.  I did try
squirting her with water - not in the ear - don't worry - I used a windex
bottle with water in it and had it on spray (not squirt).  The problem is
this: I squirt Thelma she looks at me shakes her head, hisses and runs back
after Louise.  I had literally drenched her, and she still went after her!!
I did however let her run up inside my sweatshirt and in the arms and let
her dry herself off.  She was pretty happy with me then!!

Louise goes in to get her stitches removed tonight.  All seems to be going
well.  I want to take this opportunity to thank people for their advice on
how to get them to "like" each other again!!

I would like to know two things: one is how long does it take Louise to be
"completely physically healed - all her energy etc...?" She is back to her
normal self and dooking and running, and hiding my stuff etc.  but this
leads to my second question: How much "attacking" from Thelma should I let
ride before I pull her off of Louise?  Right now when I try, the minute she
bites Louise, I pull her off right away.  What I am wondering is if Louise
should be strong enough forme to kind of let it ride for a minute or two
before I pull Thelma off - kind of give Louise a chance to fight back?

Any ideas would be great.

This is a message for Deb the ZooKeeper: You had asked a while ago what kind
of treats to feed ferrets that I got from people.  Well, I have received, as
well as tried, basically anything and everything (except milk products).  My
one ferret - Thelma - however, only eats raisins, her food, and ferretone
and pounce.  Louise however, eats ANYTHING, and mean ANYTHING!!!  She eats
pate de foie gras, (goose liver), cooked vegetables - any kind - bread,
croissant, and any kind of fruit.  (She is kind of like a dog in that
respect!!).  So, there are my answers, and personal experiences.

I hope everyone is doing well, and I thank you in advance for helping me
out.

Dooks to all, and take care,

Marion, Thelma, Louise, JD and Oscar