From:
Rick Beveridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 21:10:27 -0800
There will come a time when you are going to have to give your ferret a
medication, and your ferret will not want to be medicated.  Pills are pretty
easy to use.  Just scuff the little fellow, wait for the yawn, and pop it
in!  In some cases, however, you may have to give the fert a medication that
is in liquid form.  If you enter this war unprepared, you will end up
wearing the medication, and the ferret will get none down his throat.  I
have two ferrets that have to be medicated twice daily, so I have developed
a system that seems to work pretty well.  I have taken some photographs of
the 'system' and have put them on an FTP site with a brief description of
what I am trying to accomplish with the ferret.  I will leave these pictures
on the site for a while, so if you are interested in seeing how I manage to
'medicate' a ferret, please take a look at
<http://www.seaside.net/homepage/rbever/medication >.

Sorry I didn't dress up for the occasion, I learned a long time ago that
clean clothes, an angry ferret, and a syringe full of 'goo' don't mix.

regards,
Rick