From:
Christine Belsom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 09:55:48 -0500
Hello, everyone, and thanks for all the help, as usual!

Janice is doing great (although on the skinny side, but she really hasn't
lost any weight.  Been feeding her whipping cream, but only for a day or
two.  We'll see.) Puffo has almost doubled in size since I got him and shows
no signs of letting up.  He talks in his sleep and waves his little white
feet in the air.

Two questions: a) Janice's medicine hasn't run out, although it's been a
couple weeks.  I'm calling the vet today, but should I still be giving it?
I was taught that when you receive antibiotics, you're supposed to finish
all the medication.  Also Dr's say that with amoxicillin there is no danger
of overdosing because the extra just gets "peed" out.  But my SO was
expressing concern.  so now I'm concerned.

b) Also, Puffo ferret seems to have been weaned to early... he keeps trying
to nurse on Janice, who HATES it.  She hisses at him and they wrestle, but
sometimes they bite each other.  Puffo, apparently thinks this is great fun.
Janice just seems annoyed.  Are there "nuks" or pacifiers for ferrets?

thanks,
christine
and the enigmatic ferreties