Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 1997 13:05:08 -0400
Hello all!

Several weeks ago I posted about problems I was having introducing Mia (very
petite MF female of unknown age and background) to Bobby McFerret (a robust
16 month old boy from Rabbit Creek Ferret Farms in GA).  Bobby had been the
spoiled prince of my household since April and Mia came to us in mid
september.  They didn't care too much for each other and although they had
started tolerating each other during play time everytime I tried to put them
in a cage together they would start fighting again.

Until yesterday!!!!!  I actually tricked them a bit, we had spent the day at
the local Renn Fest and when we got home they were fast asleep in their
respective cages as usual.  Neither of them are fast to wake up (a lot like
their mommy I guess) so what I did was lift Mia out of her hammock, scoot
Bobby over a bit in his and nestle her in next to him, all before they had
even managed to open both eyes!  It worked beautifully, they seemed somewhat
bemused with each other but not at all upset, in fact within a few minutes
they were busily grooming each other and then they fell asleep again.  I
settled down on the couch a few feet away and kept an eye on them while I
watched tv.  After about 30 minutes they woke up and proceeded to be
absolutely adorable together, they even played a little hide-n-seek with the
blanket but they were extremely gentle about it, they would bare their teeth
at each other but end up either yawning or licking each other rather than
biting.  I still don't trust them enough to leave them in a cage together
unsupervised but I'm so pleased with the progress!

Thank you so much to everyone who offered advice and encouragement!

Shannon, Clint, Bobby McFerret and Mia (The Little Princess).