From:
Stan Siatkowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 22:12:00 -0400
One of our guys, Stash (4 years old, NMale) just started losing hair at a
furious rate, and I'm not absolutely sure if it's just normal shedding or
maybe the start of an adrenal problem.  It's coming out by the pinchful all
over his back, from the shoulders to the tail, and halfway down his sides,
but not all of it.  There's still a fairly dense, short coat remaining.
There are no other symptoms that we've noticed.

I'm fairly sure it's just regular shedding, but I just want to be sure.
I've never seen shedding to this degree among our ferrets for the 5+ years
we've had them.  Is the hair loss due to adrenal problems a complete hair
loss, I mean bald as an egg?  Or is it loss of most of the hair?  I've read
the medical FAQs, but would like some comments from people who have
experienced this.  Thanks.

<-------Stan Siatkowski------<<<        Stan & Terrie in Toronto with
<---Toronto Archery Supply---<<<      Cecil, Psycho, Cocoa, Stash & Gromit