From:
Graham Wren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 09:08:49 -0500
Our youngest ferret, Mergens, is a pet store monster (probably from a
Manitoba breeder, since we live in Manitoba) that was fixed too young.  (I
learned a lot about ferrets since I started subscribing to the list, but it
was too late - we had already bought him.)

He is very bright-eyed and active, growing quickly, and seemingly in top
condition with beautiful fur, BUT...when he plays and romps he almost always
stops suddenly and has a twitchy little nap for a little while, then gets up
and romps, suddenly stopping again.

Well, I am going to take him to a vet, if I can find one who knows these
little carpet sharks.  So far I have had no luck.

We have owned a couple of pet store ferrets over the years - never realising
that they were fixed too young, or that they were probably from evil
Manitoban breeders.  (Both were very sweet ferrets, though.) We also had a
wonderful but defective ferret from a breeder in Vacouver.  She had
congenital cataracts, that kicked in after she matured.