Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 20:21:47 -0500
Hello everyone,

After all of the generosity shown to the Jacob's family and to poor Kodo,
after organizing, donating to and bidding on, at least two previous
auctions, Ronnie DiComo and you, the FML subscribers, have generously spent
your time and your hard-earned dollars on behalfof our efforts here in
California for the benefit of the ferrets in this state.  CFL just received
from Ronnie checks totalling $722.00 which will go a long ways towards
helping us continue the fight.

To Ronnie, whose hard work organized and saw the raffle through, to all
those who donated items, and to all those generous bidders, Californians are
touched once again by your support.  I'm sure all of us simply wish we had
more to show for everyone's hard work towards legalization.

Unfortunatley, our Department of Fish and Game continues to fight this issue
with everying they have.  The Sierra Club and Audubon Society did major
damage to our bill and I hope that clubs and shelters everywhere will
encourage their members to write to the heads of these organizations to let
them know that they will not receive any financial support until their
opposition is dropped.  Ferret owning members of these organizations should
seriously consider dropping their membership.  Ferrets and their owners are
persecuted in California and as non-residents, you and your pets are not
welcome here while dog and cat owners are.  It's simply not right.

Whether they will every know it or not, DFG lost the ferret fight some time
ago.  Everyday I hear from people tired of waiting for that state agency to
come to their senses where ferrets are concerned.  Everyday I get calls from
new ferret owners in California looking for veterinarians and for ways to
get involved in legalization.  A visit to California pet stores these days
reveals not just ferret sections but sometimes ferret isles.  Everyday I
hear from people who don't have a ferret, and don't even want one, but hate
agency abuse and are willing to help fight this issue.  Everyday, because
our supporters grow, we get stronger.  DFG has no moral, legal, or ethical
justification for this ban and the public knows it.  It's as simple as that.

I hope you all will think of us next week when one California ferret owner
openly defies the ban by appearing in Sacramento on the west capitol steps
on Wednesday, November 5th at 11:00 A.M.  Californians interested in showing
solidarity with this individual, and this issue, your issue, are welcome and
encouraged to attend.

Jeanne Carley
Californians for Ferret Legalization (CFL)
410 Mountain Home Road  Woodside, CA  94062
http://www.ferretnews.org-- CFL Website
CALIFORNIANS, YOU CAN FIND OUT YOUR STATE SENATOR BY VISITING THIS SITE!!
 CALL AND WRITE YOUR SENATOR AND GOV. WILSON--DON'T LET OUR BILL DIE!