From:
Rochelle Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 1997 10:50:33 -0500
To anyone in Eastern Iowa/Western Illinois -- our local shelter has two
ferrets they are trying to get into a home ASAP (they've been there for
several months already).  They have no unusual medical problems, but the
younger of the pair is EXTREMELY playful/rambunctious, and would really
benefit from being in a home where she had more opportunities to run around
a good part of the day.  The ferrets' early histories are not known, but the
shelter remains ECE free.  They are current on distemper, and seem happy &
healthy.  They are a 2-3 yr. old sable, and 1 yr. old female albino -- the
shelter is working with her on nipping, and she seems to respond well to
"no!".  However, given her extreme playfulness, they should probably go to
a person who has had ferrets in the past.  For more information, email me
(address below), or the shelter operator (Suzanne) at
[log in to unmask]  Or phone me at the # below.

 Rochelle Newman              [log in to unmask]
 Department of Psychology     (319) 335-2417
 University of Iowa           (319) 335-0191 (fax)
 11 Seashore Hall E
 Iowa City, IA 52242-1407
 http://www.psychology.uiowa.edu/Faculty/Newman.html